Holy Child Schools | Society of the Holy Child Jesus
Library: People, Places, and Artifacts » Schools » Europe, France, Neuilly, Holy Child School

  Title Date

Cover of Photo Album
Holy Child School, Neuilly, France. Cover of photo album from "Pensionnat du St. Enfant-Jesus" (boarding school of the Holy Child Jesus).
c. 1895

In Paris or thereabouts

"Tour" of Holy Child missions and schools in Paris by M.M. St. Agnes Hartung. From Pylon, Spring 1967, pages 22-31.

Spring 1967

Photo from Album 01
Holy Child School, Neuilly, France. Photo from album.
c. 1895

Photo from Album 02
Holy Child School, Neuilly, France. Photo from album.
c. 1895

Photo from Album 03
Holy Child School, Neuilly, France. Photo from album.
c. 1895

Photo from Album 04
Holy Child School, Neuilly, France. Photo from album.
c. 1895

Photo from Album 05
Holy Child School, Neuilly, France. Photo from album.
c. 1895

Picture of the Holy Child 01
Holy Child School, Neuilly, France. "August 15 1980 This picture used to be in Mayfield until the nuns returned to Neuilly after the first World War when rue Perronet was opened in 1921 by Rev. Mother Mary Theresa Walton, Rev. Mother Mary Frances Tholhieust (sp?), being Rev. Mother General; this picture was given to that Neuilly foundation by R. Mary Frances that this house may possess a momento of Rev. Mother Foundress, the picture being  attributed to her. This was told to me and to the first and successive communities of the Holy Child Convent in Neuilly by Mother Mary S. Maurice Reconig (sp?) who was the companion of Rev. Mother Mary Theresa when the house was opened: (M. M. Maurice S was  in charge of rue Perronet after Rev. Mother Theresa returned to England) - Later on, M.M. S. Maurice became the superior of Neuilly. During the second World War this picture was rescued and carefully preserved by a friend...returned to us and until the closing of Neuilly in 1975 was always hanging in the front hall of the house as it had been from 1921 to 1940. - Sr. Marie Pierre Rubeaux, SHCJ." (Note on back of picture.)

Picture of the Holy Child 02
Holy Child School, Neuilly, France. "August 15 1980 This picture used to be in Mayfield until the nuns returned to Neuilly after the first World War when rue Perronet was opened in 1921 by Rev. Mother Mary Theresa Walton, Rev. Mother Mary Frances Tholhieust (sp?), being Rev. Mother General; this picture was given to that Neuilly foundation by R. Mary Frances that this house may possess a momento of Rev. Mother Foundress, the picture being  attributed to her. This was told to me and to the first and successive communities of the Holy Child Convent in Neuilly by Mother Mary S. Maurice Reconig (sp?) who was the companion of Rev. Mother Mary Theresa when the house was opened: (M. M. Maurice S was  in charge of rue Perronet after Rev. Mother Theresa returned to England) - Later on, M.M. S. Maurice became the superior of Neuilly. During the second World War this picture was rescued and carefully preserved by a friend...returned to us and until the closing of Neuilly in 1975 was always hanging in the front hall of the house as it had been from 1921 to 1940. - Sr. Marie Pierre Rubeaux, SHCJ." (Note on back of picture.)

School 01
Holy Child School, Neuilly, France. Photo of school before top story was added. "Toul, Lorraine. This house, the Hotel de Rigny, near the Cathedral, became the Pensionnat du Saint-Enfant Jesus in 1870, just before the Franco-Prussian War descended on this Gallo-Roman city and the English and German inhabitants of the convent." (Positio)

Students with Sisters
Holy Child School, Neuilly, France. Photo of students with sisters; "Le Petit Chateau, rue de la Saussaye, 1893. We had to leave France in 1904." (from reverse of photo).
1893


┬ęCopyright 2017 - Cornelia Connelly Library. All Rights Reserved.
Website by CB Programs, Inc. a subsidiary of Christian Brothers Services